Held in downtown Streator on Main Street each Labor Day weekend, this family event brings over 600 restored and antique cars and features its namesake 1917 Roamer automobile. The largest automotive event in downstate Illinois attracts spectators numbering between 15 -20,000. It's a time of nostalgia, camaraderie and good old-fashioned fun.
Labor Day Weekend 2019
• Dream Machines Car Show: noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, August 31, City Park. Event includes cars, cruisers and family fun.
- Registration: City Park from 9am - 12 pm
- Awards: 3 awards in each class
- 19 automobile classes
- 10 motorcycle classes
• Roamer Cruise Night: 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 31, City Park and downtown locations. Events include cars, cruisers, food, music and family fun.
Downtown Streator 5 - 10 pm
- Registration: Streator City Park from 3 - 7 pm
- Best Cruiser Awards
- 50's & 60's Music
- Food Vendors
Hosted by Dream Machines Car Club
• Labor Day Parade: noon Sunday, Sept. 1, East Main Street, City Park. Sponsored by the Streator Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Labor recognition event featuring floats, music, state and local businesses and organizations.